[Fluxus] Output of 'gh'

Janosch Peters petersj at in.tum.de
Fri May 22 02:30:40 PDT 2009

Hi Gabor,

> fluxus sums up the results of the fft calculation in 16 fft
> bins. as far as i know, it calculates the fft for the buffer size you
> specify in start-audio, then sums up the neighbouring values
according
> to a non-linear mapping table, which specifies for example that the
> 9thharmonic will be calculated by summing up the bands between 28 and
> 40.

Ok so that means we have a fixed relation between frequencies and
harmonics, e.g. a sine pitch of 440hz will always be assigned to the
very same harmonic. So it might look like this:

frequency(-band)	harmonic
25...50...75        0
50...100..150       1
100..200..300       2

Here the fundamental frequency is 50hz. I guess frequencies far away
from the frequency band center are weighted less?

I recognized that "centering" frequencies within their frequency band
would mean that the frequncie bands are overlapping, correct?

And whats the purpose of assigning multiple frequncie bands to one
harmonic? Wouldnt be a 1:1 relation ship (as in the example) enough?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but Im going to give a presentation
about fluxus, and I'd like to know a bit what Im talking about. :-)

cheers,
Janosch

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X, since 0 days.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo