[Fluxus] Can't seem to load textures.

Stephen Halter halter73 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 00:48:59 PDT 2009

Thanks for all your help fixing the crash that prevented me from
rendering most primitives previously, but now I seem to have some new
issues.

First, I can't seem to load textures.
I run this code with a test.png in my CWD, but no dice.

(with-state
(texture (load-texture “test.png”))
(build-cube))

When I runt (self-test #t) ./ is the first directory under
get-searchpaths, so I think this should work. BTW test.png is just
some random png file, so if there are any requirements for the
dimension of the file or something similar that might be the problem.
It's hard for me to figure out, since it just seems to fail silently
when I try to load the texture.

Additionally, when I try to drop the opacity of a cube to .5, it
darkens the cube, but no objects behind it show through. If i set the
opacity to 0, it just turns pitch black, still with nothing behind it
visible.

If I run (self-test #t) it completes with:

testing found 0 errors: ()
hello future!

I don't know how valid this is however, since it outputs warning
during the test such as:

Couldn't open image [mytexture.png]
Couldn't open image [cube-left.png]
and
Error opening [somemusic.wav] : System error : No such file or directory.
and a lot of
pdata-get called without an objected being grabbed
(not necessarily in that order)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the way I disabled
multitexturing might be causing the issue. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Stephen Halter