[Fluxus] more commits...

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 6 00:57:51 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 23:19 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> i committed a fix for osx.
>
> > problems with this - especially people with older graphics cards. Use
> > MULTITEXTURING=0 and GLSL=0 if you need to.
> these could be detected with glew also if i am not mistaken.

yes - I need to read the docs on glew a bit. I think at the moment it
should build on any system, I'm just not sure what happens if you call
something which isn't supported (whether it crashes or does nothing). I
added glew support in a bit of a hurry and never got round to getting
more familiar with it.

> > * removed the need for (fluxus-init) to get GLSL shading working.
> i wanted to ask for removing glewInit from there, because it is also
> needed for other gl extension specific code.

It now happens in main.cpp run()

> > * added a lot more missing docs/examples to the function reference
> > * added new example scripts
> really nice captions :)

cheers! I think I may write a debug text utility now we have nice
readable fonts.

> > * tests fail if there isn't a test/example script supplied for a
> > function
> i bumped into a small test issue the other day. one of the test
> functions is called run-scripts, but the help mentions text-example
> only, which is probably an earlier version.

thanks, this is now fixed

> > Mainly, I've been adding to the fluxus manual, a chapter on texturing,
> > using structs to organise bigger fluxus scripts, using input, using
> > randomness...:
> nice work. thanks.
>
> i'm still having problems with git. sometimes it commits with a message
> "Merge branch 'master' of
> ssh://gabor_papp@git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/fluxus", and my modifications
> are not sent, so i have to commit them again. sorry about that.

that just happened to me, I think it just means you have to do a pull
before you push. not sure why it has to record the fact though :)

fwiw, I'm just doing commit -a and push all the time and treat it like
cvs, at the moment...