[Fluxus] 2 fluxus-0.14rc1  no colour only white

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Mon Feb 23 01:58:52 PST 2009

That's probably a good idea - first discuss how to draw in the
abstract sense, with colours and transforms, etc., then get into
things like persistent(?) objects (via build-*) and functions like
(draw-instance) and (with-instance).

On Feb 23, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Dave Griffiths wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 13:41 -0800, njcross wrote:

>>> The script I write in either text buffer 1 or from
>>> (load  "/root/quickstart.scm") is:
>>>
>>> (build-cube)
>>> (start-audio "alsa_pcm:capture_1" 1024 44100)
>>> (define (render)
>>> (colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
>>> (draw-cube))
>>> (every-frame (render))
>>> (gain 1)
>>>

>>> I think my problem might be (build-cube)?  It builds a white cube
>>> but seems
>>> unaffected by the rest of the code.
>> Yes, finally it works for me,although I could swear I tried that
>> solution
>> before, still now I can begin. Thanks for your patience. :)
>
> It may not have worked before, as if you just remove that line and
> press
> f5 the cube will still be there - you also have to run (clear) to
> remove
> the cube created by (build-cube).
>
> At the beginning it's better to avoid the build-* functions, as draw-*
> are cleaner to use. Perhaps I should remove the (build-cube) from the
> beginning of the documentation.
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Evan Raskob