[Fluxus] 2 fluxus-0.14rc1  no colour only white

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Feb 23 00:34:41 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 13:41 -0800, njcross wrote:

> > > if you send your script, we might be able to help you.

> > > the documentation is also very helpful. it's for 0.16, but most of the
> > > things also work in 0.14
> > > http://www.pawfal.org/dave/files/fluxus-documentation.pdf
> > >
> > > best,
> > > gabor
> >
> > The script I write in either text buffer 1 or from
> > (load  "/root/quickstart.scm") is:
> >
> > (build-cube)
> > (start-audio "alsa_pcm:capture_1" 1024 44100)
> > (define (render)
> > (colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
> > (draw-cube))
> > (every-frame (render))
> > (gain 1)
> >

> > I think my problem might be (build-cube)?  It builds a white cube but seems
> > unaffected by the rest of the code.
> Yes, finally it works for me,although I could swear I tried that solution
> before, still now I can begin. Thanks for your patience. :)

It may not have worked before, as if you just remove that line and press
f5 the cube will still be there - you also have to run (clear) to remove
the cube created by (build-cube).

At the beginning it's better to avoid the build-* functions, as draw-*
are cleaner to use. Perhaps I should remove the (build-cube) from the
beginning of the documentation.