[Fluxus] texture transparency for particles

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:11:21 PDT 2009

Ok,

I ran some tests and now see that the "texture zooming" issue was my own
fault. I tried to load the texture inside of a "with state" command,
together with a scale setting that I didn't want to affect other things,
hoping for larger particles. I now see that this meant that my particle
building was outside of the scope of the texture so I ended up with a bright
white square.

As I was trying to create nice fluffy clouds based on a texture that's a
fuzzy white circle I mis-diagnosed this as the centre of my texture as the
size seemed to be the same.

I proud to report I learned from my mistake, I hope nobody was turning the
texture lading source upside-down yet.

As far as I can see my clouds work just fine now as well, based on code that
was still giving issues when I last ran it last night. It seems like some
rendering hints or other factors survive a "F6" yet get cleared after
re-starting Fluxus altogether.