[Fluxus] problem from mexico

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sun Apr 12 12:44:45 PDT 2009

Hi Gabor,

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 21:28 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > I've removed the need for the MULTITEXTURE flag by using glew to detect
> > the card is capable, but I'm unsure if the crashes are due to older
> > cards which don't support it, or the way I'm doing texturing in fluxus.
> did you forget to push?

I'm not committing it just yet, as it might make things worse atm.

In your case, is it definitely the multitexturing which is the problem?
i.e. does GLSL=0 on it's own result in crashes too?

> > Could people who have experienced this crash please run:
> >
> > glxinfo | grep multitexture
> i have this extension supported, although i would not be surprised if it
> was another osx driver bug.
>
> this also seconds this:
>
> glewinfo | grep multitexture
> GL_ARB_multitexture:                                           OK
>
> this list shows that all cards support multitexturing in osx:
> http://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/capabilities/
>
> glewinfo shows also the supported functions, maybe this helps, because
> it seems that some multitexturing functions are not supported.

I think the offending functions in fluxus might be:
glActiveTexture
glClientActiveTexture

Are they in your glewinfo?