[Fluxus] texture problems

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Apr 7 23:24:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 16:25 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > This is fixed here - a least, I can make a texture with text and it's
> > the right way round on a plane with the default camera position. This is
> > strange... Could you send me the texture?
> oh, i realised it's not the texture coordinates.
> (poly-convert-to-indexed) flips the texture.

This is another todo...

poly-convert-to-indexed looks at the positions of all the vertices and
merges vertices if the distance between them is below a certain
threshold. This is all well and good, but it should also look at texture
coordinates, normals and colours and prevent merging if their difference
is greater than a certain threshold. There should probably be some
default thresholds, but they should also be exposed to the user to tweak
in some form.

In this case, poly-convert-to-indexed is merging the two sides of the
plane (as planes are two quads, front and back facing with coincident
verts) and which texture coordinates get set is up to the order of the
vertices and the algorithm.