[Fluxus] Master crashes on running of (build-cube)

David Marrs David.Marrs at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 23 16:56:20 PDT 2009

Hi List,

Learned about fluxus the other day through a reference to the openlab
event happening this weekend in london (which I should be attending
btw).  Looks very cool.  I was hoping to give it a test run before I go
along, but so far that's not going to plan.

I downloaded and installed git/master (after initially trying the
0.16RC) as per the instructions in the readme and have tried various
fixes glsl=0 etc. described therein for Mac issues.  Upgraded to
git/master and tried again.  All results in a segfault along these lines:

1$ ./fluxus
2> ^1   ; go to new workspace
3> (build-cube)   ; FAIL

This is a  stock Ubuntu 8.10 running the proprietary nvidia driver on a
9600.  PLT-Scheme is at v4.1.5 (for what that's worth).  Freeglut3 is at
version 2.4.9-6.1 (as named in the Ubuntu repo).  I suspect that a
failure in the graphics driver is crashing fluxus, because my monitor
seems to momentarily lose the visual signal during the crash.

I'm afraid I couldn't work out where to attach gdb to get a backtrace.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
David Marrs

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---