[Fluxus] texture to pixels

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Sep 24 03:46:18 PDT 2008

>> nope - but you can load a png as a pixels primitive:
>> (define my-pixels (load-primitive "mypicture.png"))
> nice, thanks.
>
> so load-primitive and save-primitive work with pixel primitives if you
> give a png filename as a paramter. we should clarify this in the
> documentation also.

The intention is to make it work with all primitives - it'll figure out
what to make based on the file type. I *think* this is ok, as I can't
think of many formats that would be ambiguous.

Other examples could be ttf fonts to text primitive, 3D texture to blobby
iso surface, vertcached anim to polyprimitive with additional position
pdata for each frame, video to pixels primitive with additional colour
pdata for every frame (yikes!) - stuff like that.