[Fluxus] plt&mzscheme

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Sep 1 22:40:05 PDT 2008

 > thnx.. we have had problems after starting the script , with
 > mzscheme. the problem is  that at this moment  mzscheme is
 > uninstallable from macports.
don't install mzscheme from macports. download the plt scheme binary
from here: http://download.plt-scheme.org/drscheme/

 > and is this the last step in installing the fluxus itself?
these are the steps to compiling fluxus on osx:

- download plt-scheme from http://download.plt-scheme.org/drscheme/
at the time of writing, 4.1 is the current version

- install macports from http://www.macports.org/

- install scons and dependencies
           sudo port install scons jpeg libpng tiff freetype ode jack
fftw-3 liblo glew

- build and install fluxus using the following script, change the
location of plt scheme in the second line according to your settings

#!/bin/bash
plt="/Applications/PLT Scheme v4.1/"
scons -u Prefix=/opt/local/ PLTPrefix="$plt" PLTLib="$plt"/lib
PLTInclude="$plt"/include
sudo scons -u Prefix=/opt/local/ PLTPrefix="$plt" PLTLib="$plt"/lib
PLTInclude="$plt"/include install

- copy /Applications/PLT\ Scheme\ v4.1/lib/PLT_MzScheme.framework
to ~/Library/Frameworks

the earlier version of these instructions is available in the fluxus
list archive. my original post:
http://lists.pawfal.org/pipermail/fluxus-pawfal.org/2008-May/001377.html

you might find reading evan's more detailed compiling instructions
helpful if you get stuck:
http://lists.pawfal.org/pipermail/fluxus-pawfal.org/2008-June/001446.html

good luck.