[Fluxus] fedora package

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Thu Oct 9 09:02:53 PDT 2008

> hi Jeff,
>
>> When I tried to install plt-scheme-4.1-1.fc8.i386.rpm I was warned
>> that a newer version (399) was installed, So I removed 399 and
>> installed the plt-scheme rpm.
> unfortunately that's an older version, they changed version numbering i
> think. instead of 411 they call it 4.1.1, so your package system
> thinks 371 (3.71) is a newer version than 4.1.1.

> try to reinstall the 4.1.1 rpm. and i hope it will work.

When I tried to reinstall, I noticed that the plt-scheme rpm was
only 3 meg.  So I downloaded it again, removed fluxus and plt-scheme,
and installed again, now it works.

Thanks for adding MIDI input.  I looked at your code and it appears that it might not be to hard to do MIDI output.  I think that would
be a nice feature addition.

Two other questions, can you share your scheme init file? (I would
like a reference as to what can be included)  And when do you plan
to upgrade to fedora 9?

Thanks,
Jeff