[Fluxus] visual programming fluxus

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Nov 24 02:21:37 PST 2008

Hi all,

I've started working on a visual programming language idea for fluxus, and
scheme generally: http://www.pawfal.org/index.php?page=SchemeBricks

The pictures don't show it very well, but you create boxes and type in
them like pd. You drag them around and they snap to each other - lists
encapsulate atoms and other lists.

Whether it's actually easier than using text and parentheses is debatable,
but it might serve as an interesting way to introduce people to the idea.

I think it's of most use for building things like synth networks for
fluxa, and reactive animation scripts using frtime. I might try livecoding
it at make art at the weekend, but it'll need a bit more polishing first.
If nothing else, this is going to motivate some improvements to the font
rendering code - getting ttf rendering *inside* fluxus, rather than just
in the editor.