[Fluxus] Fluxus 0.14 on Ubuntu 8.04

Gerry Grainger nowhere.elysium at gmail.com
Thu May 1 08:26:13 PDT 2008

Has anyone else tested this yet? Aside from Artem's debs not working in it,
I've been getting some weird stuff happening. Had my first segfault in ages
(although that bit of scheme was crap, in honesty), and I'm getting weird
graphical glitches: I'm getting arbitrarily coloured lines from the zero
point radiating out 'towards' me.
Just re-read that, and realised how little sense it makes. Bascally, it's
like aiming a cylinder of infinite length away from you, and looking down
it; not much better as explanations go, but I'm hoping it'll help.
Fluxus had some trouble dealing with the new version of glew when I tried
installing the debs that artem provided, so could there be some weird and
wonderul change in glew 1.5?

I've just had another look at that graphics glitch. I tihnk it may have
something to do with setting clear-colour to respond to gh. How exactly does
clear-colour change the background colour? The convergence points of those
lines seems to hit the centre of the clear-colour refresh pattern: the way
that this is presenting is like it's using several polygons as a background,
and is altering the colour of each of them simultaneously.

Having seen all that, would it be worth just getting 0.15, instead?