[Fluxus] how to compile and run on mac osx 10.5 (intel)

nik gaffney nik at fo.am
Sat Mar 29 10:19:54 PDT 2008

hi padovini,

> Hi, I would like to run fluxus here (I have som experience with Common
> Lisp but nerver used fluxus or scheme)....

it should feel quite familiar coming from CL, but a bit 'bare' or
stripped down in places. SICP is a good read to get a feel for scheme ->
http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-4.html#%_toc_start

 > I've already tried the binary packs for mac osx but they don't start
 > anything (seems to be compiled only for power pc?)...

there is no precompiled binaries (yet!) for 10.5, but it does run ok
when built from source. the 0.14 release compiles & runs, but i haven't
checked out changes from cvs in the last months.

> another quetion: I should install a scheme pack first? How an which one?
> thanks

you should install plt-scheme, from here ->
http://download.plt-scheme.org/drscheme/

almost all the dependencies are in macports (if you don't have it,
download from here -> http://www.macports.org/install.php ), form memory
you might need to install liblo and jack independently.

have fun.

nk