[Fluxus] Getting sound

troels knak-nielsen troelskn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:34:33 PDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm trying to get fluxus up and running on Ubuntu. I'm a bit stumped
on getting audio through though. First off, I never heard of this jack
thing before, but I figure it's some kind of abstraction layer, that
routes sound around? I have tried to install a couple of applications
to get it working, but I don't really know what I'm doing.
The best I've got so far, is running the following from a shell:
jackd -d alsa -r 41000 -S -p 1024
I can then launch audacious, select "JACK output plugin" as output and
get some sound. It is however very noisy and lagging. I tried
launching fluxus and run the following:

(start-audio "alsa_pcm:capture_1" 1024 44100)
(define (animate)
  (colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
  (draw-cube))
(every-frame (animate))