[Fluxus] fluxus+plt-scheme+fedora 9

gooldi damalakim at lavabit.com
Sun Jul 6 06:59:43 PDT 2008

First of all HI to the list!

And secondly: WOW fluxus is GREAT! (from what I've seen and tried)

My Problem:
I've started using fluxus 2-3 weeks ago on Fedora 8 with the provided
packages on the homepage.

I migrated to Fedora 9 yesterday and saw that I'd have to compile from
source so i did:

Installed dependencies:
ode-devel-0.9-4.fc9.i386
fftw-devel-3.1.2-6.fc9.i386
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel-0.109.2-1.fc9.1.i386
libsndfile-devel-1.0.17-3.fc9.i386
liblo-devel-0.24-2.fc9.i386
glew-devel-1.5.0-2.fc9.i386
scons-0.98.4-2.fc9.noarch

For PLT i tried:
Provided on fluxus homepage:
http://fluxus.mndl.hu/plt-scheme-399svn-1.fc8.i386.rpm
Provided in fedora repo:
plt-scheme-372-1.fc9.i386
 From plt-scheme homepage (installer and source):
plt-scheme-4.0.2

For Fluxus i tried:
Source from cvs
0.14 source on main webpage

ok 2 Problems
* i have to set selinux to permissive "setenforce 0" when compiling
because of the program mzscheme --> look at selinux output in
"selinux_alert.txt", there are about 120 alerts/sec (i think this is a
plt-scheme problem not fluxus)
* When compiling cvs version i get this output: "fluxus_cvs.txt"
* when compiling 0.14 web version i get this output: "fluxus_014.txt"

I tried to find out where the problem is but got lost in the code, maybe
there is someone who could give me tipps for compiling in general or on
changing the code.

i will have to go back to fedora8 if the problem is unsolvable because
fluxus is the first reason for me to learn scheme :)

Thx a lot in advance!
-g