[Fluxus] 0.11 - Getting Jack to work?

Andrew Grathwohl agrathwohl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:43:04 PDT 2008

I'm having some issues getting Fluxus to come up under JackPilot's routing
window.

I did some research on the matter, and found the following code everyone
said to try:

(start-audio "" 512 44100)
(define (render)
	(colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
	(draw-cube))
(every-frame "(render)")

I copied this verbatim into Fluxus and ran the code. However, when I did
this, nothing showed up on the screen, and JackPilot's routing window did
not show it. SuperCollider, however, and all the other programs I was
running at the time, DID show up. So, I can safely say it's not a Jack
problem.

My buffer size and sample rate settings are correct. Could it be that I need
to actually put a name into the quotations instead of leaving it just empty,
like in the example above?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
-Andrew

--
Andrew Grathwohl
G-Wohl Productions
andrew at gwohlproductions.com
agrathwohl at gmail.com
andgrath at indiana.edu

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." - Allen Ginsburg