[Fluxus] OSX User - Troubles Running the Cube Example

Andrew Grathwohl agrathwohl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:30:33 PDT 2008

Hi list!

I just discovered Fluxus, and am having some troubles running the
(build-cube) example featured in the online documentation.

My system is 10.4.11 running the OSX 0.11 binary package of Fluxus.

When I type (build-cube) into the first editor window (not the console), and
hit the ctrl-e command, nothing happens. I tried F5 and nothing happened
then either. Other commands (such as ctrl-f for fullscreen and ctrl-w for
windowed mode) work fine, but oddly enough, I cannot execute any code I
enter.

Is this a common problem?

I am also having trouble with the ctrl-l command (which is supposedly the
load function). And the console displays two error messages upon starting
the applicaton:

---
ERROR: In procedure open-file.
ERROR: No such file or directory. "/Users/agrathwohl/.fluxus.scm"
ERROR: In procedure open-file.
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/Users/agrathwohl/.fluxus.scm"
---

Not sure if that's a problem or not. I researched .fluxus.scm and apparently
you have to build it yourself? Are there any guides on doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Andrew

--
Andrew Grathwohl
G-Wohl Productions
andrew at gwohlproductions.com
agrathwohl at gmail.com
andgrath at indiana.edu

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." - Allen Ginsburg