[Fluxus] installing fluxus from source in ubuntu 7.10 gutsy?

Jaime Villarreal jesusjaime at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:25:24 PST 2008

Hi there. I recently discovered the fluxus project and I'm really
anxious to try it out.
After installing I receive the following error whenever I try to run fluxus

#f::0: compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed,
because no #%app syntax transformer is bound in: (define
fluxus-collects-location "/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/")

I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10. I'm relatively new to linux but I
decided to install Fluxus from source as is recommended on the home
page.
I installed all the dependencies like this...

sudo apt-get install libode0-dev libode-doc libode0debian1 fftw3
fftw3-dev jackd libsndfile1 libsndfile-dev liblo0 liblo0-dev
libglew1.4 libglew1.4-dev libxaw7 libxaw7-dev libtiff4 libtiff4-dev

Then I downloaded the svn of plt and followed the install instructions
in the Fluxus README

svn checkout http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/trunk plt
cd plt/src
./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local
make
sudo make install

And finally downloaded and installed the newest version of Fluxus

wget http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.14rc1.tar.gz
tar -zxvf fluxus-0.14rc1.tar.gz
cd fluxus-0.14rc1
scons
sudo scons install

Compiled and installed without errors but running fluxus in the
command line returns this error:

#f::0: compile: bad syntax; function application is not allowed,
because no #%app syntax transformer is bound in: (define
fluxus-collects-location "/usr/local/lib/plt/collects/")

Any ideas of how I can correct this?