[Fluxus] Updating Fluxus in Pure:Dyne

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Feb 21 03:55:02 PST 2008

Hi Norman,

> Hi, I am learning about Fluxus these days and really like it.
>
> My headache right now is getting an up to date system on my aging laptop.
> I downloaded the Pure:Dyne Linux distribution which works fine but
> unfortunately
> the Fluxus version is not recent and you don't get to use all the recent
> goodies
> :)
>
> Besides recompiling some libraries and Fluxus itself, is there another way
> of updating Fluxus in Pure:Dyne ?

I'm not an expert on pure:dyne, but I don't think so, as plt scheme is too
big for p:d at present. The word on the street is that a new version of
p:d may be on the way soon - this might address some of these issues.

Building from source is a chore, but shouldn't be a massive problem. Keep
us updated on your progress if you attempt it.

Thanks for the kind words,