[Fluxus] PacketForth

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Feb 19 01:26:35 PST 2008

> Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried combining Packetforth and Fluxus?
> If
> so, what was your experience of it?
> I'm just thinking it could be used to make some awesome live textures, if
> Fluxus can deal with reloading textures on every frame.
> I'm already starting to play with puredata for sound input, so if I could
> match that with visual/texture input from something else, it could become
> a whole bunch weirder very quickly...

I have talked with Tom about such things, and fluxus and pf are getting
closer as we have both moved to PLT Scheme. I haven't spent as much time
with pf as I should have, so I'm not sure what the best approach would be
to merge them.

The video texture plugin could also be seen as a more general step in this
direction. It proves that technically it's possible to stream textures
from elsewhere. The long term plan is to use video jack - but due to lack
of perceived need generally, I haven't looked much more at it. This is bad
because it would be great to encourage video jack's uptake.