[Fluxus] installing fluxus from source in ubuntu 7.10 gutsy?

kijjasak triyanond kijjaz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:14:29 PST 2008

Hello, I'm new on the list.
I've just been successful compiling fluxus on Ubuntu Hardy and Gutsy.
I once compiled PLT-Scheme from source also but didn't succeed, I use
MzScheme, I hope you use MzScheme also.

In fluxus README file that comes with the ver. 0.14 source, I see there
are requirements for many packages which version number is ahead of
Ubuntu's repository, so can you check out their websites and compile &
install newest versions.. especially the ODE
http://www.ode.org/download.html <-- I didn't succeed after trying to
compile from the Version-numbered source releases
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24884> but
downloading from the Snapshot works. You just have to run *sh
autogen.sh* before doing configure, make, make install.

Sorry if I still don't have that much information that'd help, but I
hope I can share my struggle (it's fun hehehe).

One problem I see after finished compiling fluxus is that it couldn't
find some library that's already there in /usr/local/lib...
I tried copying those .so libraries and put in the /lib and... -_-" it
just works.

- kijjaz