[Fluxus] problems with drflux

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Feb 21 03:06:00 PST 2008

Hi all,

Just a warning if people are playing with drflux (using fluxus inside
drscheme). I use it constantly for development of some projects and it's
largely stable, but there are some problem areas I've learnt to avoid:

* show-fps crashes drscheme (GLUT initialisation problem with the font)
* glsl shaders don't work (GLEW is not initialised by drscheme)
* shadows probably don't work - stencil buffer not initialised by drscheme

Crashes caused by garbage collection issues:
* recalc-normals seens to be unstable
* some other pdata operations - I haven't tracked this down yet

On a related note, I've noticed that plt threads don't work properly in
the scratchpad, and cause lots of problems with the garbage collection.
This could be triggered by the same cause as the drflux problems - as
drscheme uses plt threads, I'm looking into it.

http://www.pawfal.org/dave/