[Fluxus] matrix blending

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Mon Dec 15 09:59:54 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:
>> Yeah, I figured. I extended the quaternion class a bit, but still
>> haven't succeeded with nice matrix blending on C++ side and the
>> compile-try cycle is just to slow. after the party tonight I'll see
>> what can I do on the scheme side.
>
> Annoyingly, I've just figured out a quick fix for this...
> For boring reasons, I can't get git working on my machine at the moment,
> but just add:
>
> m_LockedMatrix.remove_scale();
>
> after doing the blend in Camera::DoCamera().
>
> It's probably still a bit wrong, I think a slerp would still be better.

I just committed a different fix on my branch. I added RigidBlend
method to matrix which uses quaternion slerp for rotation and linear
interpolation for position. it probably breaks scaling as I simply
ignore it for now. I am going to test / fix that the next thing, maybe
tomorrow on a train.

> How did the gig go anyway?

great, thanks. i was taking turns with someone doing blurry videos,
which went well together with my brightly colored sharp shapes. pity
we couldn't project one over the other. Many people asked me after
(and during) what software I used and I gave away fluxus URLs and
showed them GLEditor :-) They would then ask "do you have to learn
lisp to VJ with a joystick?".

The worms didn't make it in time for the gig though :( Will have to
look for a next one.

--
cheers,
artm