[Fluxus] cvs -> git

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Dec 12 04:02:17 PST 2008

Hi all,

So fluxus development will now move from cvs to git, is everyone at a good
stage to move over? I'm assuming we can't use cvs and git concurrently -
but that would be too confusing anyway :)

Any pointers to good git howtos? It looks like the broad usage is similar:

git commit ~= cvs commit (but this just goes to your local branch, right?)
git add = cvs add
git diff = cvs diff
git push = push all your commits/adds etc to savannah
git checkout filename = revert your changes on this file

Better info: http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit

I want to take this opportunity to move things around and rename
directories (you couldn't do this in cvs) but maybe it would be better to
wait until Artem's branch is merged into the master one.