[Fluxus] extending the editor

Matt Jadud jadudm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:01:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Jeff Rose <rosejn at gmail.com> wrote:
> send it over.  So, I wanted to throw an idea/proposal out there.  How
> about taking the keyboard (and maybe also mouse) input from glut and
> sending it to a scheme instance that manages the editor?  (Not sure if
> it should be the same one as is used for graphics or not...)  In a

Hi Jeff,

Given that Fluxus builds on top of the PLT Scheme toolkit, I suspect
you can access (and create)  keybindings programmatically already. In
particular, if you're doing your coding in DrScheme, this is certainly
possible.

And I must point out, I still haven't made the time to really dig into
Fluxus... but make heavy use of PLT Scheme. So, I guess I'm saying
that "if you're using DrScheme as your editor, there is infrastructure
for this kind of thing in place."

Cheers,
Matt