[Fluxus] Running Fluxus in DrScheme (was Re: Newbie Fluxus Questions)

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sun Oct 21 06:03:36 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 18:01 +0100, sharpie7 at pinedragon.com wrote:
> Dave,
>

> > I haven't quite finished this part yet, it's a hack atm, to be brutally
> > honest :) - if you just load examples/drflux.ss into drscheme, it should
> > open a window and run the fluxus script at the bottom.
> >
> > I'm using a modified version of drflux.ss a lot to develop other scripts
> > with at the moment, and it seems to work well, but I need to figure out
> > the right approach to use in installing this file centrally.
>
> Thanks - this works even though I don't understand what the first part of
> the file does! Some more points though:
>
> 1) (show-fps 1) causes a crash with error "Function <glutBitmapCharacter>
> called without first calling 'glutInit'" in this mode.

yep, I get this too - I'm going to have to change the font rendering
code for this, as atm it needs things to be changed where I don't have
control (in the drscheme init)

> 2) Can the mouse camera controls be enabled when running under drscheme?
> How?

not yet, the priority is getting things working like the above, then get
things like the camera added. I've made a start on this - I've got
key-pressed and mouse-button etc working, I'll get this code released so
you can give it a try.

> 3) In general I would like to be able to use read-char to get command line
> input in to Fluxus. Is this supported in either the Fluxus scratch pad or
> DrScheme?

I'm not entirely sure what sort of thing you mean - in drscheme
read-char should work as normal, inside the scratchpad you could
probably build something using key-pressed:
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/docs/0.13/en/scratchpad-input.html#key-pressed
but it might be a bit long winded this way.