[Fluxus] Ubuntu 7.10 glut problems...

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Oct 11 09:34:51 PDT 2007

> I've installed fluxus the normal way, and I'm getting the following error
> when I try to start it. Anyone got any ideas? It's the same version number
> as one that I have working on a different computer: 2.4.0-5 (with the
> 1ubuntu1 suffix, though). The error it spits out is:
>  ERROR:  Internal error <Visual with necessary capabilities not found> in
> function fgOpenWindow
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  14

Is it just fluxus? What happens when you run glxgears for instance?

Fluxus tries to setup a visual with stencil and accumulation buffers, try
playing with line 201 of main.cpp. The accumulation buffer isn't needed,
and the stencil buffer is only needed for the shadows - I think it will
work ok without them otherwise.