[Fluxus] fluxus macos patch

Jordan Benwick jb at antiflux.org
Tue Nov 6 12:52:00 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 07:42:08AM +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> hi,
>
> i don't have a ppc, so i'm just speculating here.
>
> > did have one minor problem with scons looking for libfluxus in /Users/libfluxus,
> is it a warning or an error? i also got a warning that the libfluxus
> directory name does not exist, but it builds regardless of this.
>
> > But mainly I got stuck on:
> > ld: /usr/lib/crt1.o illegal reference to symbol: __objcInit defined in indirectly
> > referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
> > scons: *** [fluxus-0.14] Error 1
> > scons: building terminated because of errors.
> >
> i don't link to libobjc on an intel mac, it's not needed. maybe you
> should link to it (-lobjc ?)
>
> after this line in SConstruct
> if OS == 'darwin':
>     env.Append(FRAMEWORKS = ['GLUT', 'OpenGL', 'CoreAudio, 'PLT_MzScheme'],
>         FRAMEWORKPATH = [PLTLib])
>
> try to add:
>     env.Append(LINKFLAGS = '-lobjc')

Nice one!  the above fixed it, and the build finished without further problems.  thanks!

I get the occasional crash, for instance typing (help) into a workspace, and trying to go
to the preferences menu(?), but other than that all seems to be working.

would like to package this up to make available to whoever's interested, but i have no
experience with that.. (yet)

thanks again,
jordan