[fluxus] physical model sumo fighters

dave dave at pawfal.org
Wed May 2 13:43:54 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 18:48 +0200, andersvi at extern.uio.no wrote:
> Anybody tried to do similar things with fluxus?
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM
>
> Seems theyve managed to pack all that ecology inside a 96K game,
> mainly because of letting physical models behave.

the best thing about that project is that it's one of the few cases of
really funny games. why isn't there more (deliberately) humorous digital
art?

but yes, the original reason for adding physics to fluxus was because I
wanted to try karl sims style evolving creatures - but I still haven't
ever got round to it. I have some script extensions which make using the
physics much easier (joints in local space rather than global) if anyone
wants to pick them up.