[fluxus] lotsa stuff

Glauber Prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Wed Jul 4 09:31:52 PDT 2007

>> i dont understand this quite well also but are you planning on having
>> animation
>> from external packages (hint-blender :) for character animation) mixed
>> with physics?
>>

> Yes - eventually

Do you have some plans that you want to discuss on this, if so im all ears.

>> once i saw a bit thief way to do that, was with ode also the guy made a
>> normal animation and
>> binded cubes to the character feet to make it kick some boxes, was a
>> cool way for doing something
>> otherwise very complex if solved in software level i think, anyway just
>> a thought.
>>

> There are various ways to blend the animation and physics depending what
> you are trying to achieve. I haven't thought too deeply about it yet,
> but it's something to keep in mind.

Certainly.

> Good point - yes I'll do this, I'm generally updating the docs whenever
> I change the code at the same time (the only way to actually keep it up
> to date I think) but I'll flag the functions that have changed where so
> we know which translations need revising. I also want to do a general
> pass over all the functions before 0.13 is released - I'll do this soon
> and flag any changes I make for this too.

Very good, this will make things much easier i think, also i agree this
is a nice method to keep things up to date.

> Another thing you might be able to help me with - seeing as you are a
> blender guy :) Would it be possible to get hold of (or be pointed in the
> direction of) some test data to write importers for? I guess everything
> from a simple cube to a fully texture mapped, skinned character with
> animation data. Example files would be fine - I've briefly looked but I
> can't find suitable stuff online.

Here there is a regression test suite with something around 40 files its
distributed by blender.org as regression test for compatibility purposes:

http://download.blender.org/demo/test/test244.zip
(9Mgs)

There are some game demos also if you like them let me know i can paste
it here.

These ones are mine you can use them as if it were yours , not really
intended for gaming purposes as lot of vertices use of subsurf
(cattmull-clark subdvision)(license greboide):

a humming bird animated flying, nothing fancy, only a animation test:

http://www.greboide.com/blender/arquivos/hummingbird.blend
(2.2Mgs)

and a uv unwrapped safe, this is rather big cause of big textures:

http://www.greboide.com/blender/arquivos/safe.tar.bz2
(9Mgs aprox.)

I have more thing here, also can make things specifically if you need,
plz just ask, ive delayed to answer cause i was away on my home town
visiting some friends and parents hope you understand.

peace

greboide.