[fluxus] cvs commits (was Re: 0.12b1 + cvs merge)

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Jan 12 01:54:07 PST 2007

> just some feedback, I just tried again to build (also on gentoo), and I
> had to swap mzscheme and mzgc to make it work.

I wonder what this is - and more importantly how to fix it... I'll try
getting the ubuntu plt package and building it against that.

> Also, I noticed that with
> PLTprefix="/usr" neither libs not scheme files were copied during scons
> install.. but hey ;)

or maybe they were, but to the wrong place :)

> First, I tried to run some stuff the normal way (editor on render scene),
> but somehow just trying (build-cube) seems not to work, did the keys
> change?

nope - F5 still... do you get any errors?
I had a problem where the camera light was off to begin with, maybe I
haven't fixed it properly - try a (clear) first. also try (clear-colour
(vector 0.5 0.5 0.5)) to see if it's rendering black on black... and try
the examples, they should all work.

> I also tried to get it working from within drscheme, where the only thing
> I had to do was to change the fluxus-collects-location and it works (also
> the example on the wiki .. window shows etc) but ends soon with
>
> karsten at rambazamba ~/share/src/fluxus-12-cvs $ drscheme
> mred: modules/fluxus-engine/src/Engine.cpp:81: fluxus::Renderer*
> Engine::Renderer(): Assertion
> `*m_RendererStack.rbegin()<m_RendererVec.size()' failed.
> Aborted
>
> I guess it could be what is also written on the wiki.

yup - I'm leaving this one for a while, it might be an unadvertised
feature for 0.12 as I need to look into the drscheme sources to track it
down. I have a feeling it's to do with intialising glew after opengl has
been set up in mred - so it may be possible to get it to work in a stable
manner without hardware shading.