[fluxus] multi camera

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Feb 7 01:31:12 PST 2007

> Hi, I am a student in the Media Arts and Technology program at UC
> Santa Barbara, I have access to this space:
> http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/allosphere/
>
> while it isn't fully done, there are multiple active stereo projectors
> that will eventually cover the whole sphere.
>
> The current projects that are in there use MAX/MSP/Jitter but the guy
> who runs it (Xavier Amatriain) would rather see foss software driving
> the space (and I agree).
>
> Anyways, I realize that fluxus is in a transitional phase right now,
> but I'm wondering if there is support for multiple views on a scene
> yet, or if it is planned.  It would be nice to see what fluxus can do
> in this space.

It should be possible in 0.12 with a little bit of work. The underlying
renderer calls[1] are now availible, which means you can render a scene
multiple times - the longterm motive for this was the ability to script
multipass renderering, switching compositing modes or render targets for
2D effects. The same thing could be used for multiple viewpoints - build
the scene, render it, change the camera transform and render again. You'd
need to use MrEd to manage the different render targets for you. It isn't
tested, but it should be quite feasible, and I'd like to see someone
trying this sort of thing.

[1] http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/docs/0.12/Renderer.html