[Fluxus] About gamepad compatibility

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Dec 10 09:05:30 PST 2007

> Hello.
>
> I've managed to get my xbox360-controller to work with fluxus in a
> effective manner by modifying the gamepad-script, but it struck me that
> I would have to do this modification to all fluxus-programs I want to
> use.
>
> Not good. Therefore I contacted Jeremy Friesner who's developing oscjoy,
> and asked him if he could add axis and button-remapping to the program.
> He could, and I've already tested the initial build, and it works great.
> It's not yet up on the homepage, but Jeremy said that he should add it
> in a week or so.

Good news!

Thanks - I'll also add your changes to the gamepad class and put it in
fluxus asap. I just spent (too) much of the weekend rewriting the
examples, but I'd also like to start including some reusable bits of game
code as standard components - I have three versions of that in different
scripts at the moment.