[Fluxus] 0.13b2

Glauber Alex Dias Prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Wed Aug 22 10:41:35 PDT 2007

Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> writes:

> Trying to get a release together...

Yay!

> http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.13b2.tar.gz
> (beta 1 blew up on the launchpad)
>
> Changes since yesterday - lots of docs updated (section headings, and
> top level docs in scratchpad-doc.ss)
>
> Added a "materials" directory in the fluxus collects path which contains
> textures, shaders, meshes and fonts - they are on the searchpath as
> standard. The examples read from them now so you can now run them from
> anywhere.

very good, it seems we are walking towards a "standardization" here :).

> Also fixed and updated the examples.

I saw, the glsl example wasnt working before and they are now, only thing is
that the mesh deformation isnt being updated every-frame(though if i
change the camera it gets updated), i think that this is
related to that thing we discussed on irc about time and 64 bits, it is
still ocurring in other places as well, for example, the following isnt
working:

(define anim
        (rotate (vector (sin (time)) 0 0))
        (build-cube))
(every-frame (anim))

neither delta now.

A side question now, do you want to distribute binaries, i could try and
make a "bundle" shipped with libs and a script to wrap them in order for
fluxus to recognize it at startup, would be a *easy* way installation,
not sure if this is intended, its up to you to decide i think if i
should work on it or not and also if this is the proper way opposed to
static linking.

One last thing while im at to not forget it, the vertical scrolling is
 somewhat weird, i cant see the bottom where the cursor is when on a
 large buffer(lots of text), the same with the upper part.

> cheers,
>
> dave

peace,

glauber