[Fluxus] editor and docs commits

Glauber Prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Thu Aug 9 19:19:33 PDT 2007

Dave Griffiths escreveu:
> dave escreveu:
>
>> -- Editor changes --
>>

>>> Now we have the possibility of using drscheme as an editor for fluxus,
>>> that means the scratchpad can be designed more specifically for
>>> livecoding. I've added some crazy auto zoom/text tracking which I tried
>>> in sheffield for the workshops and seemed to work well enough to give a
>>> go.
>>>
>> very cool stuff, perhaps a line limit could be used here too?
>>

> line limit?

I think this was a silly explanation, but when the editor reach the end
of the line i cant see whats going on there, a better idea would be the
camera track the cursor after reaching this limit.

>>>  I've also made the repl the first thing you see in fluxus, as it's a
>>> bit friendlier than the editor:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373489/in/photostream/
>>>
>>> I've probably broken some things with this change so update at your own
>>> risk for the moment :)
>>>

>> Whoa, things are taking shape here ;), i saw that you are using some doc
>> strings to make the parse and that i mistyped some especially with
>> "exemplo", sorry for this.
>>

> that's cool - it's hard to get this sort of thing right if you can't test
> it, let me know if you can generate the docs now. oh - while I remember,
> could you check the docs for build-blobby - I think my merge messed it up.

They are working! well kinda i cant get the docs generated from the
scratchpad.ss to display yet neither the section docs functions , also i
didnt had the time to test it more extensively yet ,i am not sure whats
going on but i think i can find it out.
>>> -- Documentation system stuff --
>>>
>>> There is now some top level documentation availible for things like the
>>> editor keys, and general information - I'll be adding to this:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373507/in/photostream/
>>> They are all in scratchpad.ss.
>>>

>> strange, viewcvs isnt showing this change in the visual diff.
>>

> scroll down, most of the file is docs now.
> I'll probably split it out into a scheme file consisting of just comments.

nice idea, ive added some coments on there too with an idea "borrowed"
from you :D.

>>> The portuguese translations have also highlighted a big problem with
>>> GLUT_STROKE_MONO_ROMAN - lack of character support:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373527/
>>> So thats something to sort out next...
>>>

>> Damn, i knew this was going to happen in a inner feeling.
>>

> no worries, I'm on it.

Weeee!

>>> Finally - thanks to Glauber for all the translation work!!!
>>>

>> You are welcome dear, but it isnt finished.
>>

> well, neither are the english ones, so it would be hard :)

Ok ive finished the first "round" all the docs are translated now i
think ive commited wrongly a change ive made locally on the header of
makehelpmap.scm, only the location of the binary, do you know how can i
make to revert a commit from a specific file, or wether if its possible?

> I think I'm dropping the current html docs, I'll move everything into the
> scheme comments, so the whole of the documentation is availible from
> inside fluxus - then generate html from that (maybe).

Completely agreed here, html's are in my second plane too.

> I'll add some fluxus command reference next, so they are grouped and
> listed with some general explanation from the main help menu thing.

Nice stuff, i prefer to wait you makeing these things as i dont want to
bother you so much :D.
> cheers,
>
> dave

Peace,