[Fluxus] editor and docs commits

dave dave at pawfal.org
Sat Aug 4 15:17:26 PDT 2007

-- Editor changes --

Now we have the possibility of using drscheme as an editor for fluxus,
that means the scratchpad can be designed more specifically for
livecoding. I've added some crazy auto zoom/text tracking which I tried
in sheffield for the workshops and seemed to work well enough to give a
go. I've also made the repl the first thing you see in fluxus, as it's a
bit friendlier than the editor:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373489/in/photostream/

I've probably broken some things with this change so update at your own
risk for the moment :)

-- Documentation system stuff --

There is now some top level documentation availible for things like the
editor keys, and general information - I'll be adding to this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373507/in/photostream/
They are all in scratchpad.ss.

makedocs.sh in fluxus/docs now takes a single argument for the locale
(only en or pt for the moment ;) and generates documentation in the
selected language.

makehelpmap.scm now has a debugging mode (set debug-mode to #t on line
30) which prints lots of info - really useful for tracking down errors.

The portuguese translations have also highlighted a big problem with
GLUT_STROKE_MONO_ROMAN - lack of character support:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7905273@N07/1005373527/
So thats something to sort out next...

Finally - thanks to Glauber for all the translation work!!!