[fluxus] R: [Newbie] How to install fluxus on ubuntu?

Thomas Kappler thomas.kappler at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 9 05:22:51 PDT 2006

> have you specified the --prefix=/usr when configuring? I found that it is an
> important thing to do in ubuntu..
> compile again guile with
> ./configure --prefix=/usr

I don't think that's a good idea.  On Debian&friends, or on any
distirbution with a package management system, /usr should be only for
packages and /usr/local for your own stuff.  Else, you risk messing up
the automatic package management.

Instead, when building the software that needs the libs in /usr/local,
you should give the info where to find them.  I don't know how to do it
in scons, though.

Best,
Thomas