[fluxus] 0.11osx-rc1

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Tue Sep 5 03:59:07 PDT 2006

On 05/09/06, Artem Baguinski <artm at v2.nl> wrote:
> On 04/09/06, Jonathan Brodsky <jonbro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Fantastic, I got it to work and the only issue that I had with it was that I
> > needed to install glew from darwin ports.
>
> oops, that should be considered a bug, i intended to link everything static
> hmm, I guess you might have other dependencies installed via Darwin
> Ports as well...
>
> I'll see how can I force it to use static libs only (except -lz which
> is in osx anyway)

I see why it happens now: -static flag for libtool (which I use to
link on osx) means "do not do any dynamic linking of libtool
libraries", while the GLEW in Darwin Ports comes without libGLEW.la
(i.e. GLEW isn't libtool library).

I'll see what can I do about it.

The binary is also linked with dynamic versions of:
-ljack
from /usr/local where jack osx installs itself

-lc -lz -lm -lpthread -ldl
from /usr/lib which are standard osx libraries

-lode -lGLEW
from /opt/local which wasn't intended

the rest of the dependancies are linkled static, either because they
are libtool libraries (come with .la) or because they come from my
custom prefixes where i only install static versions of the libraries.

simple solution for the release binary is for me to build ode and GLEW
myself and force scons see those versions first. People building
binaries for their own consumption should really bother as long as
dynamic libraries they link against remain installed.