[fluxus] [Newbie] How to install fluxus on ubuntu?

Juego julien.deswaef at brutele.be
Thu Sep 7 10:54:26 PDT 2006

Hello everyone.

I'm very sorry (ashamed) to ask this question, but I'm not very good at
compiling stuff like you guys are.

I have ubuntu dapper installed.
I pretty much managed to install all the packages required for fluxus
thanks to synaptic.

I haven't found any package for Guile 1.8 (so I know I'll have to
compile that one)
And there is no package either for fluxus. ;-)

The problem I have is I allready tried one day the configure-make-make
install for some software (don't remember wich one) but I never used
Scons. (which seems necessary to compile fluxus)

Can someone please tell me what are the couple steps I need to do to
install fluxus on my machine.

1., I guess, compile Guile. Should I use Scons too? or "make-make
install" is fine ? (or can someone point me to a .deb ?)
2. compile fluxus with Scons. But what are the commands?

Thanks a lot for your help

Julien