[fluxus] whats going on with fluxus

andersvi at extern.uio.no andersvi at extern.uio.no
Thu Nov 23 01:10:16 PST 2006

     > There are going to be a set of plt modules which can be loaded into the
     > fluxus application (or any plt interpreter) called things like:

     > fluxus-engine : all the main graphics commands
     > fluxus-audio : the fft stuff + jack client
     > fluxus-osc : osc client and server
     > fluxus-video-texture : as and when :)

     > As the main app now has no conception of a renderer or anything other than
     > a scheme interpreter, we have to move all the code which binds them
     > together into scheme - but this gives us a lot more flexibility.

All smiles here!

We'll be building a parametric model of a pianists shoulders, elbows,
cuffs, fingers - all filled with natural physical properties through
ODE, stimulated by forces coming through OSC from Common Music, and
triggering OSC-messages when the fingernails hit some object, pipe it
to whatever making sound or notation, and listen to what happens while
gravity slowly cycles 360 degrees and underarms grow longer until they
reach 2.5 meters.

Ill leave the smokerings to the audience though...