[fluxus] Fluxus 0.9rc1 segfaults upon loading+running scripts on Ubuntu/Breezy i386

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Wed Mar 15 12:12:48 PST 2006

dave escribió:
> i'm not sure what that can be, there are still no symbols on the stack
> trace...
>
> I have a feeling some of the primitives maybe submitting geometry which
> crash some driver/card combinations, but its hard to track down. the
> fact you're seeing the same behaviour on drivers from different vendors
> makes me think it's more likely to be a build problem though.
>
> does it still crash with dri disabled?

I just changed my dapper-ati setup to the latest fglrx driver, and 0.9rc1
still doesn't work (doesn't paint the geometry well, or at all), but it
doesn't crash either. The binary is the same as before. Fluxus 0.8 doesn't
crash and has the same graphical weirdnesses as 0.9rc1, so I might have a
bad X config but the program does not segfault. Then I changed it back to
the ATI driver and disabled DRI: it still segfaulted. Sorry for not being
more specific.

Here on the breezy-nvidia setup, 0.8 works well with DRI disabled (just
somewhat more slowly), and 0.9rc1 crashes the same as before.

I will be in London for the dorkfest, and I will spend all Saturday and part
of Sunday at the Limehouse, in case you want to meet. Obviously I won't be
carrying my ATI desktop, but the laptop running the .deb packages will be
with me. Sorry for not being more able to help.

During the weekend I will try working with the CVS version.

-- javier