[fluxus] Fluxus 0.9rc1 segfaults upon loading+running scripts on Ubuntu/Breezy i386

dave dave at pawfal.org
Tue Mar 14 16:40:06 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 22:27 +0100, Javier Candeira wrote:
> Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > hmm, you have no debugging symbols? the SConstruct should have -ggdb in it
> > somewhere...
>
> Yes, sorry. The Debian tools were stripping them out. I have now made a
> package with the debugging symbols, and it is at the url
> http://rowrcolo.net/~kandinski/packages/fluxus/ in case you want to check
> out that the binary is really the proper one.
>
> My working machine is an m200 laptop with an nvidia geforce go 5200, and I
> am running the propietary nvidia driver. Thinking it could be a case of
> driver manlfunction, today I made a dapper package for a desktop machine
> with a 9200 ATI, and the same example scripts crash fluxus too.

i'm not sure what that can be, there are still no symbols on the stack
trace...

I have a feeling some of the primitives maybe submitting geometry which
crash some driver/card combinations, but its hard to track down. the
fact you're seeing the same behaviour on drivers from different vendors
makes me think it's more likely to be a build problem though.

does it still crash with dri disabled?