[fluxus] a couple of questions

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Fri Mar 10 03:01:44 PST 2006

On 10/03/06, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:

> also, while I'm thinking about it, I'd also like to add the ability to add
> seperate camera and focus object attachments.
>
> do you think this object based approach is ok? the main reason for it
> rather than just setting a position vector was that you can have the
> camera attached to object in the physics system (for example) and not
> worry about having to update the camera every frame.

i think the approach is Ok. Blender has nice object type for this kind
of things - "empty". it's basicly just a transform.

i'd extend the approach a bit: in default attach mode it would work
like you describe now, but you could also attach "lookat" to a
different object (so that the eye is on the original object and view
direction is towards the other one).