[fluxus] 0.9b2

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Mar 2 02:42:58 PST 2006

> On 01/03/06, Alex <x37v.alex at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So far it works for the projects that worked previously, (build-plane)
>> still causes a crash and the show-fps mouse bug is still there (but
>> i'm sure you know that).
>>
>> btw,
>> I saw in the cvs that the error and "display" output is now going to a
>> fluxus window, this may work for some people but it would be nice it
>> it were optional, i generally work in such a way that I can view the
>> output of the graphics and the stderr/stdout things at the same time
>> (ie i don't overlap), i find this quite useful and others might as
>> well. (ie printing onto the console)
>
> I could send output to both repl and stdout.
>
> I'm not satisfied with the current output thing myself - the repl
> buffer is still buggy and having to switch is indeed not very handy.

I haven't been running cvs head, but I think all output should be captured
by fluxus, as it makes it easier for the osx people, and easier to
livecode without having to go out of full screen to look at the terminal.

I think it would be best if the repl (or a non-interactive version of it)
faded up on the current workspace to display errors, and faded away again
after a set time (ok, so the fading part is a bit ott but it would be a
bit less jarring...)

it would be confusing if it was over the top of the code though, so maybe
make it smaller and a different colour and move it to one side? not sure
about how to do this, it needs experimentation

ctrl-0 would be the "real" repl, same as it is currently

I'll get the renderer to output all messages through an indirection too,
so we can pick them up on the repl.

copying to stdout would be a short term fix tho :)