[fluxus] ground-plane / passive-box collision confusion

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jul 28 05:05:11 PDT 2006

dave wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 02:35 +0100, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think I found a physics bug - if an active-box collides with a
>> ground-plane, then (has-collided mypassive-box) returns true, even if
>> the passive-box is nowhere near the ground-plane or active-box.  See
>> attached script, the cube on the right shouldn't change colour, but it does.
>
> the problem here is that has-collided shouldn't work on passive objects
> - they are just definitions of bounding areas in ode, and don't know
> when they are colliding (afaict).

Aarrrgh!  That's annoying, will have to rethink how to implement this
game thingy that I'm making then.

Is there a way to tell which objects have collided?  Would be cool to be
able to get a collision list: a list of pairs of object ids, each pair
being a collision between two objects.  This would enable e.g.
bullet/asteroid collisions to do something but asteroid/asteroid or
bullet/bullet collisions to do nothing.

> there is a bug in the reporting code
> in fluxus which that script shows up though.
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Thanks,

Claude