[fluxus] equality commit (Re: interactivity issues)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Jul 17 08:34:52 PDT 2006

Dave Griffiths wrote:
>>Still got the weird "camera must be right on top of an object for it to
>>register a (mouse-over)" issue, though.
>

> Have you got the sky sphere around everything?

Nope, only (ground-plane)s to make a container, and a cube with
(selectable 0) to show the edges of the container, pretty much exactly
the same as 20-interactive.scm.  And I've restarted fluxus many times in
case there was old stuff hanging over...

> mouse-over is a little dumb
> in that it only returns one primitive - the closest one to the camera in z
> depth (really it should return a list of all the primitives in z order or
> something) this means that it can get confused when objects overlap - and
> my brain is too consumed by eq? atm to know how it will deal with things
> scaled negative :)

Attached is the script that exhibits the weird behaviour here, would be
grateful if you could take a look and see if there's anything
immediately amiss.  Here the top-level every-frame action doesn't even
print anything unless then camera is right on top of the object, and
even then it only seems to work if you click very near the edge of where
the object gets clipped by the camera.  I'm puzzled...

Claude