[fluxus] (draw-cube) (hint-wire) weirdness, plus a few miscellaneous issues

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jul 14 04:52:28 PDT 2006

Dave Griffiths wrote:
>>One weird issue, sometimes (albeit rarely) when I hit F5, all the
>>objects appear black, see the third Cube Rain screenshot for an example.
>
> Just a guess, are you randomising the background colour? I think the
> opacity in conjunction with the bg colour may be messing up. If you could
> get a script that does it repeatedly it would be great.

Yes, I am randomizing the background.  Not sure how to get something
random to be repeatable though...

>>And, more of a Scheme question than a Fluxus question, is there a faster
>>way to remove something from the wrong end of a list than:
>>
>>(reverse (cdr (reverse L)))
>
> I get round this by building a list the other way round - rather than
> cons, use append and remove from the front. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks, will see if there is any logic in my script that depends on
ordering, if not I'll make that change.

>>And finally, if I hit Ctrl-F then Ctrl-W, my window manager decorations
>>don't come back (I'm using Fluxbox).  Is there a way to make them
>>reappear so that I can quit without having to Ctrl-C in the terminal I
>>started Fluxus from?
>
> I've never seen that - and I run fluxbox too... does sound like a wm issue
> though, fluxus has no direct control over that as it all goes through
> glut.

Weird, maybe I'll get around to upgrading Fluxbox at some point and see
if that helps...

> cheers,
>
> dave

Thanks,