[fluxus] (draw-cube) (hint-wire) weirdness, plus a few miscellaneous issues

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Jul 14 01:56:56 PDT 2006

Hi all,

A few quick things I noticed with fluxus-0.10rc2 (Linux with proprietary
ATI drivers, which might make a difference?)

(draw-cube) doesn't allow its (wire-colour) to be set, see attached
script.  (build-cube) doesn't have this problem...

(draw-cube) has an extra line around it with (hint-wire) turned on, and
zooming inside the cube makes it looks like there are in fact two
squashed cubes stuck together instead of just one.  (build-cube) doesn't
have this problem...

I was playing with some 3D ripple effects, with a moving point leaving a
trail of spheres that expand and become less opaque.  Then I decided
that randomly placed cubes expanding in that way looked nicer.  See
attached script, some screenshots are here:

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/index.php?page=gallery/digital/fluxus

(the Cube Rain images are the ones relevant to this email, in the likely
event of me adding more images to that page)

One weird issue, sometimes (albeit rarely) when I hit F5, all the
objects appear black, see the third Cube Rain screenshot for an example.

And, more of a Scheme question than a Fluxus question, is there a faster
way to remove something from the wrong end of a list than:

(reverse (cdr (reverse L)))

And finally, if I hit Ctrl-F then Ctrl-W, my window manager decorations
don't come back (I'm using Fluxbox).  Is there a way to make them
reappear so that I can quit without having to Ctrl-C in the terminal I
started Fluxus from?

Thanks,

Claude
--